Christchurch Parkour Jam
Flips & Tumbles First parkour jam! Full day event for parkour enthusiasts to come test out their speed, style and get to know everyone within the Parkour community!
Time & Location
18 Sept 2022, 10:30 am – 6:00 pm
Flips & Tumbles, 12 Musgrove Close, Wigram, Christchurch 8025, New Zealand
About The Event
Our very first Parkour Jam is coming this September on the 18th!!
PLEASE READ ALL INFORMATION BELOW
Is going to be a fun hang out day for the Flip & Tumbles parkour community! You child will have the option to compete in the speed and style evets or just come along for some fun and jam their parkour skills with everyone! There will be PIZZA included and will be a great day for everyone to get to know each other!
Open to all ages from 5 years+
- 10:30am-12pm | Parkour Hang & Practice with everyone there
- 12-1pm | Speed run event | Is optional, you can put you skills to the test or support everyone there!
- 1-2pm | Pizza Break and Parkour Hang
- 2-3pm | Style Run | Is optional, you can put you skills to the test or support everyone there!
- 3-4 | Parkour Hang and break time
- 4-5pm | Finals of those who participated in the comp and finishing up.
The speed competition is run as an obstacle course style event where the competitors are given a clear start and end point. The competitors are then given three attempts at the course.
The fastest time out of the three will be compared against those of the other competitors. The top 8 times will be put through into a final round on a new course where the winners will be determined.
The speed competition is run in all age brackets.
Style is the traditional parkour and freerunning competition format which involves the comeptitor showing off their full range of parkour skills.
For style, the competitors make a ‘line’ or routine which is a series of their own parkour skills put together one after the other.
The competitors are allowed 15 minutes for Under 12yrs and 30 minutes for Under 16yrs and Open to prepare their series of skills. During this time competitors may use crash mats to practice their line and any harder skills. After the allocated time is up all mats will be taken away apart from the permanent large blue mats. The parkour area is cleared and the competitors are called individually to present their line to the audience and judges.
U8 (Under 8yrs):
U12 (Under 12yrs):
Optional: Style | Up to 30 seconds
U16 (Under 16yrs):
Optional: Style | Up to 60 seconds
Optional: Style | Up to 60 seconds
HOW THE COMPETITION WORKS:
Course is explained and shown
Each competitor gets two run throughs of the course
To go through to finals:
The 8 competitors with the fastest times go into finals and do the course in reverse
30-second line for U8 and U12 and 60-second line for U16 and Open
Score out of 5 for:
Difficulty, Execution, Creativity & Flow
The competitors are given a score out of 5 for each of the following categories:
- DIFFICULTY: Difficulty is given by how hard the skills displayed are. Difficulty will be scored relative to the age bracket. For example; a double cat pass or webster for an U12 competitor would contribute to a difficulty score of 5. Whereas the same skills in the OPEN category would merit a difficulty of 2 or 3.
- EXECUTION: Execution is how well the parkour skills are performed. If skills are landed with a stumble or a fall they will merit a lower score of 1 or 2 whereas if the skills are executed well without falling a higher score will be given.
- CREATIVITY: Creativity is how the parkour skills are applied to the environment and how unique the skills are. If the competitors can use the parkour equipment in a unique way or display skills that are seldom used they will warrant a higher creativity score.
- FLOW: Flow is how smoothly all the skills are put together. A line with good flow means that the competitor is moving at a constant speed and not having to stop and start for each skill. Flow is about constant movement.
Each score will be given to the line as a whole and will be a culmination of all the difficulty, execution, creativity and flow of each skills within the line.
There is no requirement to compete in the events!
If your child just wants to come along to be a part of the parkour community, get to know everyone and support those who are wanting to compete then that is totally fine!
Ticket for ONE entry of a participant to the Parkour Jam on the 18th of September!$40.00Sale ended
Ticket for ONE entry of a participant to the Parkour Jam on the 18th of September!$40.00